A quick observation: Last night, as both Fox News and CNN were deep into their coverage of the shooting tragedy in Colorado, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC was frantically “spinning” President Obama’s comments about business owners not deserving the credit for the companies they’ve built. Of course, Maddow’s program wasn’t live, but it shows where MSNBC’s priorities lie — “MSNBC: Putting Liberal Politics Ahead of the News.”
That President Obama would refer to Nazi camps as “Polish death camps” isn’t surprising to the many who felt — and still feel — that he is grossly unqualified to be Leader of the Free World. However, recent comments from foreign leaders, high-ranking officials and the foreign press contradict Obama’s propaganda that he is somehow liked and respected worldwide.
For his latest gaffe, see the AP report excerpted below:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said President Barack Obama misspoke on Tuesday when he referred to a “Polish death camp” while honoring a Polish war hero.
The president’s remark had drawn immediate complaints from Poles who said Obama should have called it a “German death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland,” to distinguish the perpetrators from the location. Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski called it a matter of “ignorance and incompetence.”
Obama made the comment while awarding the Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter against the Nazi occupation of Poland during World War II. Karski died in 2000.
Obama said that Karski “served as a courier for the Polish resistance during the darkest days of World War II. Before one trip across enemy lines, resistance fighters told him that Jews were being murdered on a massive scale and smuggled him into the Warsaw Ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself…”
Sikorski tweeted that the White House would apologize for “this outrageous error” and that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk would address the matter on Wednesday.
“It’s a pity that such a dignified ceremony was overshadowed by ignorance and incompetence.”
Alex Storozynski, president of the Kosciuszko Foundation, said Obama’s comment “shocked the Poles present at the White House and those watching on C-SPAN. … Karski would have cringed if he heard this.”
The Polish Embassy in Washington, on its website, has a “how-to guide” on concentration camps that states that references to Polish death camps are “factually incorrect slurs” that should be corrected.
In 2008, President Barack Obama made regaining the world’s respect for America as one of his goals. We now know that the Obama we saw in 2004 and 2008 was just a marketing gimmick and that the real Obama is just an old fashioned leftist beholden to his party handlers and speech writers. As Thomas Buch-Andersen, host of Danish Broadcasting Corporation’s show “Detektor,” points out in this video, Obama’s phoniness is obvious to even our “closest allies,” whether they “punch above their weight” or not.
The Washington Post is reporting that over half of President Barack Obama’s largest donors from the 2008 election received prime jobs in his White House. While political favors to election donors are nothing new, this is particularly notable because of the number of White House positions “bought” and because Obama had promised a new level of transparency and ethics in Washington.
Big donors considering whether to work the phones raising money for President Obama’s reelection campaign might consider the fate of his 2008 bundlers. Many of them, it turns out, won plum jobs in his administration.
Obama campaigned on what he called “the most sweeping ethics reform in history” and has frequently criticized the role of money in politics. That hasn’t stopped him from offering government jobs to some of his biggest bundlers, volunteer fundraisers who gather political contributions from other rich donors.
More than half of Obama’s 47 biggest fundraisers, those who collected at least $500,000 for his campaign, have been given administration jobs. Nine more have been appointed to presidential boards and committees.
“We think that the pendulum has swung a bit too far toward the patronage side of things,” said Susan Johnson, president of the American Foreign Service Association, which represents career officers.
Obama has appointed campaign bundlers to a range of other jobs as well. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. was a bundler, raising at least $50,000, as was Julius Genachowski, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who raised at least half a million dollars.
While some appointees may be qualified for their positions, the “purchase” of the office of Attorney General by Eric Holder — who has repeatedly acted with blatant political partisanship and/or incompetence — is particularly troubling.
The New York Post, in an article titled “US offered Israel advanced weaponry in exchange for delaying Iran attack,” says:
“The US offered to give Israel advanced weaponry — including bunker-busting bombs and refueling planes — in exchange for Israel’s agreement not to attack Iranian nuclear sites, Israeli newspaper Maariv reported Thursday.
President Obama reportedly made the offer during Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to Washington this week.
Under the proposed deal, Israel would not attack Iran until 2013, after US elections in November this year. The newspaper cited unnamed Western diplomatic and intelligence sources.”
It is truly sad, but not surprising, that President Barack Obama turns his back on Israel until it is in his own, personal best interest. This type of this just goes to show that Obama cares very little about U.S. allies or U.S. foreign policy and that his sole interest is in keeping himself in an office for which he is grossly underqualified.
- Job Destroyer Fred Barnes
- Confronting Putin’s Invasion Eric Edelman
- Kristol Podcast: Ukraine After 5 Years of Weakness TWS Podcast
- Upholding the Law Jeff Bergner
- Obama Calls Retreat William Kristol
- Detroit Police Chief Warns Criminals: People Will Protect Themselves
- Watch This "CPAC Amateur" Pile on the SWAG
- The Official "CPAC Swag" Grading Post
- Rand Paul on NSA: “I Believe What You Do on Your Cell Phone is None of Their Damn Business”
- Study Finds Millennials are Confused About Their Politics, Finances, and Culture
- Oscar Glamour Covers Industry's Distaste for Uncomfortable Truths
- 'Noah' Director More Concerned with Getting 'Non-Believers' to See Film
- '2016: Obama's America' Team Vows to Take on Progressives, Support Pro-American Content
- Dinesh D'Souza: Wait Until President Obama Sees My New Film
- Obama Recruits YouTube 'Stars' to Push ObamaCare to Twenty-Somethings
- MSNBC: Defending Obama More Important Than News
- Polish Foreign Minister: Obama “ignorance and incompetence”
- VIDEO: World laughs at Obama and America
- Obama White House for sale to highest donors
- Obama help to Israel a political game
- Obama kills Keystone and thousands of new jobs
- Obama: America “a little bit lazy”
- Carney admits OBAMA HAS NO DEBT PLAN
- Ann Coulter: I Never Believed GOP Was Racist Until I Read Marco Rubio's Amnesty Bill
- EXCLUSIVE--Tammy Bruce: War on Boys Attempt to 'Create Society of Frightened People'
- Phyllis Schlafly: History Shows Grassroots Can Defeat Establishment on Amnesty
- Jim DeMint: 'A Vast Army of Little Platoons' Will Restore Constitutional Federalism in America
- Gallup: Over Twice as Many Say Obamacare Hurts Than Helps
- IRS silent on nonprofit Center for American Progress’ coordination with the White House
- Santorum offers yell-O at mellow CPAC event
- Rand Paul warns Putin over Ukraine: ‘If he’s going to act like a rogue nation, he will be isolated’ [VIDEO]
- Former Soviet spy chief claims Putin regime is an ‘intelligence agency dictatorship’
- 7 photos proving Vladimir Putin is just a loser dad [SLIDESHOW]
- American Majority
- Big Hollywood blog (Breitbart)
- BigGovernment.com (Breitbart)
- Michael Ramirez Cartoons
- RBO – The Real Barack Obama blog
- Remember November (RGA)
- Republican National Committee (GOP.com)
- Sound Politics
- Tea Party Patriots
- The 9-12 Project
- US Weekly
- Washington State Republican Party
- Washington State Tea Party Movement