A quick observation: Last night, as both Fox News and CNN were deep into their coverage of the shooting tragedy in Colorado, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC was frantically “spinning” President Obama’s comments about business owners not deserving the credit for the companies they’ve built. Of course, Maddow’s program wasn’t live, but it shows where MSNBC’s priorities lie — “MSNBC: Putting Liberal Politics Ahead of the News.”
That President Obama would refer to Nazi camps as “Polish death camps” isn’t surprising to the many who felt — and still feel — that he is grossly unqualified to be Leader of the Free World. However, recent comments from foreign leaders, high-ranking officials and the foreign press contradict Obama’s propaganda that he is somehow liked and respected worldwide.
For his latest gaffe, see the AP report excerpted below:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said President Barack Obama misspoke on Tuesday when he referred to a “Polish death camp” while honoring a Polish war hero.
The president’s remark had drawn immediate complaints from Poles who said Obama should have called it a “German death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland,” to distinguish the perpetrators from the location. Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski called it a matter of “ignorance and incompetence.”
Obama made the comment while awarding the Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter against the Nazi occupation of Poland during World War II. Karski died in 2000.
Obama said that Karski “served as a courier for the Polish resistance during the darkest days of World War II. Before one trip across enemy lines, resistance fighters told him that Jews were being murdered on a massive scale and smuggled him into the Warsaw Ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself…”
Sikorski tweeted that the White House would apologize for “this outrageous error” and that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk would address the matter on Wednesday.
“It’s a pity that such a dignified ceremony was overshadowed by ignorance and incompetence.”
Alex Storozynski, president of the Kosciuszko Foundation, said Obama’s comment “shocked the Poles present at the White House and those watching on C-SPAN. … Karski would have cringed if he heard this.”
The Polish Embassy in Washington, on its website, has a “how-to guide” on concentration camps that states that references to Polish death camps are “factually incorrect slurs” that should be corrected.
In 2008, President Barack Obama made regaining the world’s respect for America as one of his goals. We now know that the Obama we saw in 2004 and 2008 was just a marketing gimmick and that the real Obama is just an old fashioned leftist beholden to his party handlers and speech writers. As Thomas Buch-Andersen, host of Danish Broadcasting Corporation’s show “Detektor,” points out in this video, Obama’s phoniness is obvious to even our “closest allies,” whether they “punch above their weight” or not.
The Washington Post is reporting that over half of President Barack Obama’s largest donors from the 2008 election received prime jobs in his White House. While political favors to election donors are nothing new, this is particularly notable because of the number of White House positions “bought” and because Obama had promised a new level of transparency and ethics in Washington.
Big donors considering whether to work the phones raising money for President Obama’s reelection campaign might consider the fate of his 2008 bundlers. Many of them, it turns out, won plum jobs in his administration.
Obama campaigned on what he called “the most sweeping ethics reform in history” and has frequently criticized the role of money in politics. That hasn’t stopped him from offering government jobs to some of his biggest bundlers, volunteer fundraisers who gather political contributions from other rich donors.
More than half of Obama’s 47 biggest fundraisers, those who collected at least $500,000 for his campaign, have been given administration jobs. Nine more have been appointed to presidential boards and committees.
“We think that the pendulum has swung a bit too far toward the patronage side of things,” said Susan Johnson, president of the American Foreign Service Association, which represents career officers.
Obama has appointed campaign bundlers to a range of other jobs as well. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. was a bundler, raising at least $50,000, as was Julius Genachowski, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who raised at least half a million dollars.
While some appointees may be qualified for their positions, the “purchase” of the office of Attorney General by Eric Holder — who has repeatedly acted with blatant political partisanship and/or incompetence — is particularly troubling.
The New York Post, in an article titled “US offered Israel advanced weaponry in exchange for delaying Iran attack,” says:
“The US offered to give Israel advanced weaponry — including bunker-busting bombs and refueling planes — in exchange for Israel’s agreement not to attack Iranian nuclear sites, Israeli newspaper Maariv reported Thursday.
President Obama reportedly made the offer during Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to Washington this week.
Under the proposed deal, Israel would not attack Iran until 2013, after US elections in November this year. The newspaper cited unnamed Western diplomatic and intelligence sources.”
It is truly sad, but not surprising, that President Barack Obama turns his back on Israel until it is in his own, personal best interest. This type of this just goes to show that Obama cares very little about U.S. allies or U.S. foreign policy and that his sole interest is in keeping himself in an office for which he is grossly underqualified.
- Barnes Podcast: Obama's Way of War TWS Podcast
- ‘American Leadership at Its Best’ William Kristol
- A War President—Sort of Stephen F. Hayes
- Kristol Podcast: Turning Iraq & Syria into Yemen & Somalia Is Not a Win TWS Podcast
- Vanity Unfair The Scrapbook
- New Poll Shows Voters Prefer Payroll Tax Cut to Minimum Wage Hike
- Despite Recommendations, Diplomatic Security Levels Still Not Improved Post-Benghazi
- Poll: Republican Beauprez Boasts 10-Point Lead Over CO Democratic Gov. Hickenlooper
- Intelligence Officials Admit It's Hard to Track Americans in Syria
- Insane: Rich Los Angeles Neighborhoods Vaccinating Kids at Lower Rates Than Poor African Countries
- Rapper Waka Flocka to Hire 'Blunt Roller' for $50,000 a Year
- War Correspondent Mike Boettcher on James Foley and Afghanistan
- United Nations Names Leonardo DiCaprio 'Messenger of Peace' for Addressing Climate Change
- Monica Lewinsky Says Celebrity Photo Hacker Has Crossed the Line
- Rihanna to CBS Over NFL Song Pull: 'F**k You!'
- MSNBC: Defending Obama More Important Than News
- Polish Foreign Minister: Obama “ignorance and incompetence”
- VIDEO: World laughs at Obama and America
- Obama White House for sale to highest donors
- Obama help to Israel a political game
- Obama kills Keystone and thousands of new jobs
- Obama: America “a little bit lazy”
- Carney admits OBAMA HAS NO DEBT PLAN
- Cruz Warns: 'Lame Duck' Could Include Amnesty Push
- Pelosi on Syria: 'The Worse It Gets The Less Reason I Think We Should Send Troops'
- Witness: Independent Benghazi Panel Was Not Independent
- Biden Uses Jewish Slur 'Shylock'
- Trey Gowdy Opens Benghazi Hearing Calling For 'Justice No Matter Where That Journey Takes Us'
- Former Secretary Of Defense Criticizes Obama’s Plan To Deal With ISIL
- College Republicans Launch Massive Ground Game
- To Post Or Not To Post? That Is The Counter-Terrorism Question
- ‘Illegal’: Priebus Slams Obama’s Post-Election Amnesty Plan
- Obama Admin ‘Bullied And Hectored’ Sotloff Family As They Tried To Save Steven, Says Family Spokesman
- American Majority
- Big Hollywood blog (Breitbart)
- BigGovernment.com (Breitbart)
- Michael Ramirez Cartoons
- RBO – The Real Barack Obama blog
- Remember November (RGA)
- Republican National Committee (GOP.com)
- Sound Politics
- Tea Party Patriots
- The 9-12 Project
- US Weekly
- Washington State Republican Party
- Washington State Tea Party Movement